Thursday, June 07, 2007

Hey Ladies!

So after listening to one intern remark that the blog was particularly male-centric, I thought I'd add a particular topic for debate. Why aren't dressy flip-flops considered "business attire?" We are in a relatively Southern climate, and as we approach the heart of the summer, my poor toes feel cramped and constrained by the rigors of "business" shoes.

Also, on a side note, one cannot claim to have a "favorite" dance song, if unwilling to engage in a spontaneous exhibition of that dance. I issue a challenge for said intern at the intern karaoke night.

1 comment:

dissident boiler room lackey said...

Yeah, why aren't flip-flops business attire? And not just for women, either...for men. (I'm kidding, actually.)

And I'd like to know what "dressy" means when you're talking about flip-flops. Patent leather straps? Teeny little brass buckles?

My one big complaint about flip-flops (which are ubiquitous at the law school once it gets warm) is when people slip out of them and put their bare feet all over the furniture in Scott Commons or the lounges in Withers-Brown...even on the coffee tables. Gross!