Monday, July 10, 2006

Did You Think I Forgot Ya'll?

Boiler Room is the New Sweat Shop

So, after 2 weeks of breaking the promise to continue blogging, the Nashville chapter of the boiler room would like to say HI!!!!

To show that I have been thinking of you all, here are a couple of tidbits:

FIRST: Mapquest has added an "Add a Stop" feature that I think Google Boy will find to be a good replacement for the oft-missed "Plan a Roadtrip" tool.

SECOND: This for all the VAL-gals - http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/06/AR2006070601678.html

I read this and thought of you.


THIRD: R-Cubed - I think I emailed you back, but since I am just using WebMail, I sometimes wonder who I have emailed, and who just received the "mind-draft" rather than an actual email. In case it's the former, and in case you don't have telepathy, I would like to say that the Seminar in Ethical Values courses are good because you do somewhat regular-person reading, rather than lawyer reading. You also go to a prof's house every week, and I think there is usually food involved. At least that's what I am banking on. Anyways, it's only a credit for the whole year, but who doesn't like to sit around, eat, and discuss real world issues with a bunch of law geeks? I mean, if that's not a boiler room boon, then what is? I have signed up for one (yes, by 11:59 p.m. last night). I wish you all luck with playing the LawReg Dice Game. It does not get easier, even when you know that you will probably get everything you want because you get to go first.

FOURTH: On my first day here, my boss asked me if I knew how to use WestLaw. The insult was 2-fold. (1). I am the LEXIS lady!!!!! and (2) He meant that word "Westlaw" to be generic for "can you do legal research?" Ouch. We've moved beyond that initial sting, and I quite like the job, but that first moment made me wonder if I would be crying for the Boiler Room every moment of this 6 weeks.

All right - That's it for now. Although, I do have one question for Google Boy - What's the deal w/Grad-Lev - are they going to give me suggestions on my other loans too? Cause I've got nothing!

1 comment:

Anonymous Boiler Room Lackey said...

I would call grad-lev - they seem to be far more responsive on the phone than online.

-gb